Braces – Humble, TX
A Reliable Straightening Solution
Even with the emergence of Invisalign and other teeth straightening solutions, there are many cases in which traditional braces are the best option available. After all, they are very durable and can address even the most severe of alignment issues. But that doesn’t mean braces are exactly the same today as they were years ago. Nowadays, metal braces are more subtle in appearance and more comfortable to wear. That’s why we offer this proven, affordable option to help you achieve your smile goals.
Why Choose Progressive Dental Group for Traditional Braces?
- Straightening treatment for even severe misalignment
- Treatment plans customized for children and adults
- Compassionate dentists with years of experience
Advantages of Traditional Braces
Getting your teeth straightened with metal braces has many benefits, including the following:
- Better oral health. Straight teeth are easier to keep clean, and a clean mouth is a healthy mouth.
- Proven results. Over the course of many, many years, braces have been proven effective for addressing misalignment.
- Help for moderate to severe cases. Braces provide a solution for those who can’t use Invisalign.
Process of Traditional Braces
After you and one of our dentists have decided that braces are the right solution for you, your treatment will follow these basic steps:
- We will take impressions of your teeth and formulate a personalized treatment plan.
- We will bond the metal brackets to your teeth and secure the wires to the brackets with rubber bands.
- Every couple of weeks, you will come in for a quick adjustment to the tension in the wire, which will cause your teeth to steadily move toward the desired position.
- Over time, your teeth will reach the final results, at which point, we’ll remove the brackets and wires and provide a retainer for you to wear to keep your teeth in their new alignment.
- After a few months, you can limit wearing your retainer to night time.
Candidacy for Braces
Although traditional braces can help patients that Invisalign and other more modern methods can’t, braces may not be for everyone. After all, they do require extra special care so that your teeth don’t suffer from tooth decay, and metal braces entail food restrictions. You or your child must be willing to take on those added responsibilities for your oral care. Luckily, you don’t have to determine whether you’re a good candidate for braces all on your own. At Progressive Dental Group, we offer a free consultation with one of our experienced dentists, so you can feel confident about moving forward with the right treatment for you or your child.
Maintenance for Braces
For the best results and a healthy, beautiful smile afterward, it’s important to take care of your mouth and your braces during treatment. This maintenance includes the following:
- Brushing at least twice daily and after meal times.
- Flossing at least once daily.
- Coming to your regular adjustment appointments.
- Visiting us for dental cleanings and checkups twice every year.
- Avoiding sticky and hard foods.
- Following the care instructions we provide.
At Progressive Dental Group, our team and our dentists are committed to helping you get the well-aligned teeth you’ve always wanted. We want you to feel confident letting your smile stand out in the best possible way. Get started by contacting us to schedule your consultation today!