Single Tooth Dental Implants – Humble, TX
Restore Your Smile from the Roots Up
If you are constantly worried about smiling around friends, family or coworkers because of the noticeable gap in your teeth, we have good news for you! Single tooth dental implants from Progressive Dental Group can replace your missing tooth, restore your dental function and even boost your self-esteem. Our expert team can even complete the entire implant treatment process right here at our office in Humble, TX. No need to seek an outside specialist to achieve the complete smile that you deserve!
Single Tooth Replacement Options
Generally speaking, people who want to restore a missing tooth often choose between two main options: a fixed bridge or a single tooth dental implant. Here is what you need to know about each of these common tooth replacement solutions:
A fixed bridges consists of an artificial tooth, called a pontic, connected on either side to two crowns. Once the healthy teeth next to the dental gap are shaved down, the two crowns fit on top of these natural teeth and are cemented into place. The pontic in the middle now sits where the dental gap once was, effectively replacing the missing tooth. Modern fixed bridges look natural, restore dental function and prevent bite problems and other issues that can stem from missing teeth.
Single Tooth Implant
Dental implants are fast becoming the most popular way to replace missing teeth in Texas and across the country. A small titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone, dental implants replace the missing tooth root structure and provide a sturdy base for an artificial crown. Dental implants are biocompatible and actually fuse with the surrounding jawbone through a natural process known as “osseointegration.” In this way, dental implants are able to restore not only a person’s appearance but also their chewing power to nearly 100%.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Single Tooth Replacement
Single tooth implants offer a range of benefits that other tooth replacement options just cannot match. Here are some of the major advantages:
- Replace Full Tooth: Because dental implants replace the entire tooth structure, including the missing roots, they look, feel and function almost exactly like natural teeth!
- Stimulate the Jawbone: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone to prevent bone deterioration. This keeps your face looking full and vibrant!
- Preserve Natural Teeth: Single tooth dental implants fuse with the surrounding jawbone and do not require the support of healthy teeth to remain in place. In contrast, fixed bridges involve shaving down healthy teeth and placing crowns on top of them in order to replace a missing tooth.
- Simple Smile Maintenance: Dental implants do not require any special care or maintenance. Just be sure to continue brushing twice a day, floss daily and visit our dentists every six months for a routine checkup.
- Long-Term Results: Invest in a tooth replacement solution that will last for many years to come. Dental implants can serve your smile for decades – or even the rest of your life – with proper care.
Contact Progressive Dental Group Today
Are you ready to feel confident about your smile again? Then do not hesitate to contact our team at Progressive Dental Group and ask about single tooth dental implants. Request an initial consultation with Dr. Cabrera or Dr. Vargas today to start the journey toward your new smile – and toward the new you!