Children’s Dentistry – Humble, TX
Quality Care For Growing Smiles
At Progressive Dental Group, Drs. Silvia Vargas and Jose Cabrera enjoy providing children with the knowledge and treatments they need to ensure that they have happy and healthy smiles into adulthood. That’s why we offer dental services like fluoride treatments and dental sealants to keep your child’s teeth strong and cavity-free. Our dental office is fully equipped with the tools and technology to keep oral health problems at bay and teach your little ones why it’s so important to care for their chompers. Investing in your son or daughter’s wellbeing has never been so easy, especially since we offer convenient evening and weekend appointment times to work around school schedules!
Why Choose Progressive Dental Group For Children’s Dentistry?
- Caring Bilingual Dental Team
- Quality Dental Treatment For All Ages
- Evening & Weekend Appointments
Bringing Your Child In For Their First Dental Checkup
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends bringing your child in for their first dental checkup by the time they turn a year old. You can also schedule a visit within six months of their first tooth breaking through their gums. It’s never too early to introduce your little one to how important it is to take care of their pearly whites. Plus, after you bring them in, you’ll be able to rest assured knowing that their teeth are growing the way they should.
During their first appointment, Dr. Vargas or Dr. Cabrera will teach your son or daughter about how they can keep their teeth and gums healthy at home. They’ll take the time to demonstrate how to properly brush and floss their teeth and explain why their oral health is so important. At Progressive Dental Group, we know how important it is for a child to have a positive first experience with the dentist, which is why we go out of our way to make them feel comfortable and safe.
Children’s Dental Services
No matter how young or old a patient is, we make it our mission to provide them with high-quality preventive treatment that helps them avoid oral health problems down the road. We offer a variety of children’s dental services to protect their teeth from dental decay and infection. Some of these treatments include:
- Dental sealants are clear shields that we can paint over your child’s molar to protect their baby teeth from cavity-causing substances like sugar.
- Fluoride treatments promote healthy enamel formation and stronger teeth.
- Nightguards for bruxism are custom-crafted oral appliances that keep your child’s teeth from becoming worn-down and damaged from nightly grinding.
Caring For Your Child’s Teeth At Home
For most people, the first line of defense against oral health problems is brushing and flossing at home. When your child learns healthy hygiene habits, they’ll have the tools they need to maintain a great smile into adulthood. After their first checkup appointment, we would be more than happy to help by making recommendations and offering tips such as:
- Setting a good example for them and letting them brush and floss with you every morning and evening.
- Letting them choose a toothbrush and toothpaste that appeals to them, like ones with their favorite colors or cartoons on them.
- When their first tooth appears, use a small amount of toothpaste that’s about the grain of rice. Once they turn three, switch to a pea-sized amount.
Unfortunately, there’s no guide that teaches you everything there is to know about your little one’s growing mouth. That’s why we strive to be the best resource available for parents to learn about children’s dental health! Our team of professionals is more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We understand how stressful being a parent can be, which is why we strive to ease your worries and make you comfortable whenever you’re at our dental office!